Thursday, November 09, 2006

Database Tools Talks at UKOUG next week

Next week I'll be in Birmingham at the UK Oracle User Group Conference. I am looking forward to it, as it gives me another opportunity to talk about our new tools. This year, I think the database tools team is well represented.

Mike Hichwa, VP of Database Tools (main architect behind Oracle Application Express & my boss!) will be giving a presentation on Thursday morning @ 9am titled - An Insight into SQL Developer and Application Express

Sue Harper, PM for SQL Developer is giving a presentation on Wednesday on SQL Developer: Using Oracle's Graphical Database Development Tool. As you probably know by now, we have released an evaluation copy of SQL Developer 1.1 on OTN, so I am sure Sue will cover all the new cool features in 1.1 and answer any questions you might have.

Alex Keh, a PM whose focus is on our windows technologies is giving a presentation on Tuesday about .NET and Oracle Best Practices: Performance, Deployment and PL/SQL Tips. So if your preferred development environment is .NET be sure to attend his talk. I think we do a lot to make a .NET developers experience productive with Oracle database technology.

For myself, lucky me has 3 presentations!

On Tuesday I will be talking about: End the Microsoft Access Chaos - Your simplified path to Oracle Application Express. I will be demoing our new Oracle APEX Application Migration Workshop. This should also be making an appearance on OTN real soon...

Then on Thursday, I have two presentations: Oracle Application Express: Features, Futures and Customer Tales In this presentation, I give a brief overview of Application Express, What's in 2.2, what's coming in 3.0 and some demos and finally Oracle Migration Workbench: Taking Database migration to the next level where I will demo the new Oracle Migration Workbench integrated into SQL Developer. This should be making an appearance on OTN in 2007.

I am also looking forward to hearing customer feedback at the Oracle Development Tools Roundtable on Wednesday afternoon.

Having had a look at the agenda there are many talks which I want to attend. Looks like it is going to be a good week. Now to put the finishing touches to my presentations...

No comments: