Friday, April 20, 2012

Signing back on...

Wow... Has it been nearly 5 years since my last post...

Well it has been an incredibly interesting and challenging time, Spent time with Informatica as VP of R&D for their Data Quality business. Met some great guys and learned a lot. Moved then to working for Pocket Kings (company behind Full Tilt Poker) as Director of Database systems. First time in my career on the customer/IT side of the fence. It was challenging, but working with very bright and committed people you learn a lot. It is also where I got the bug about Big Data through running an Aster Data nCluster 30+TB, 40+ nodes. After Teradata acquired Aster Data about a year ago I was lucky to get offered a position to spearhead the adoption of Aster Data in EMEA, both internally within Teradata and also with the Teradata customer base.

I am now living and working in the UK. I am still an Apple nut, still a Porsche nut, maybe still a nut period :-)

So what you can expect from this blog is my musings on Big Data and insight gleaned from working with customers to deliver business value from Big Data.  I still also probably post about my passion for Porsche, I'm lucky to have a tweaked (540 bhp) 996 Turbo as my daily driver.

Enjoy and I welcome your feedback...

No comments: